The Post Graduate Diploma in Education is offered in four specialisation routes:
- Leadership and management
- Learning and teaching in higher education
- Mentoring, coaching and supervision
- Quality assurance
The programme is targeted at education and education related practitioners, who are seeking professional development, to enable them to further draw from academic expertise to better steer their capacity to self-assess their own practice and act on same.
The PGDip Ed programme, designed with the University of Brighton, UK, makes successful students eligible to access Year 2 of the Master’s in Education run jointly with the University of Brighton, UK.
Structure and Content
There are four modules that run successively. These include two core modules and two elective modules according to the specialist route chosen. Each module carries 20 CATS points.
The intake of the one-year part-time programme is April. The modules are run in a blended mode and assessed through coursework.
This programme targets teachers, educational practitioners and paraprofessionals in the field of education, as well as those who are already in post or are aspiring to positions in areas of educational leadership, administration, inspection, quality assurance, or mentoring.
- The ‘Learning and teaching in higher education’ specialisation route is open to candidates who are working full-time or part-time in a higher education or post-secondary institution.
- The ‘Mentoring, coaching and supervision’ specialisation route is also open to candidates from fields other than education and who are currently assuming or intending to assume mentoring/ coaching/supervision roles in their organization, such as in nursing or tourism.
- The ‘Quality assurance’ route will be of interest to education professionals, school leaders and teachers who are concerned with effectiveness and improvement at classroom and/or school level.
- Benefit from academic and personal tutoring
- Experience an international postgraduate conference
- Get access to course materials and set readings
Rs 15,550/- for the one-year programme.
For further information
Contact Mrs Bhurdool or Mrs Madhoo at the Higher Studies office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 4016555 (Ext. 595).