Teacher’s Diploma Pre-Vocational
The programme aims at empowering teachers with the competencies and attitudes for initiating an innovative teaching process that will allow pre-vocational pupils to develop their learning potential to a maximum.
Objectives of the programme
It is expected, by the end of the training, programme, that the teacher will be able to:
- Develop in the pupils the right attitudes and skills to enable them to foster a new positive self-image.
- Understand the concept of special and individual educational needs with a view of bringing about social and educational integration of the learners.
- Understand the principles of learning and motivation and use them to enhance learning in the classroom.
- Develop and implement relevant school-based curriculum.
- Understand and use the principles of assessment, evaluation and profiling.
- Develop communication skills, involvement and appreciation of the arts, the ability to use mathematical, scientific and technological principles together with ICT skills confidently in pupils.
- Appreciate and understand the special and changing roles of the pre-vocational teacher for facilitating and creating a learner-friendly institution to cater for the diversity of pupils’ learning needs opportunities and entitlements.
The Teacher’s Diploma Pre-Vocational is a post A-Level part time course. It is offered to practising teachers who teach the pre-vocational stream in private and State secondary schools. The candidate must have a minimum of five credits at School Certificate Level including English Language along with two A-Levels.
The duration of the course is 3 years on a part time basis, that is 6 Semesters